Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. Admission to the Reveal Walla Walla Valley wine auction will be to licensed members of the trade who have provided proof of either a retail or wholesale/distributor wine license and certain private attendees. All attendees must be registered with the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance 20 days prior to the auction event. Admission is non-transferable. ALL PERSONS ADMITTED AND/OR BIDDING MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE. Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance shall have the right in its absolute discretion to refuse admission to the auction by any person.
2. All wine lots will be auctioned by a professional auctioneer as contracted by the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance. The auctioneer will be representing wine lots of the Producing Winery (Seller). All lot purchases will be made by the registered purchaser.
3. These Terms and Conditions of Sale as amended by addendum or oral announcements during the sale, constitute the entire terms and conditions of Seller with respect to the sale and purchase of wines listed herein. By bidding, the bidder agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Sale, as amended.
4. All statements by the Producing Winery or the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance are merely statements of opinion and are not to be relied upon by prospective purchasers as warranties or representations of fact, and prospective bidders, by so bidding, acknowledge that they have inspected the wines to their satisfaction and bid only as a result of their own inspection and opinion. All wine is sold “AS IS.”
5. Wines offered in this auction do not include the barrel and will be bottled in specially labeled bottles. Each lot will be bottled only in 750 ml bottles or 1.5 L bottles. The 750 ml bottle lots shall consist of 20 cases (240 bottles), 12 cases (144 bottles), 8 cases (96 bottles), or 5 cases (60 bottles) and will be sold as described in this catalogue. The 1.5 L bottle lots shall be sold as a 30-bottle lot and will be sold as described in this catalogue. The highest bid of record for each lot when bidding is closed will be recorded as the purchaser of the lot. The purchaser will be required to sign an Auction Lot Sales Agreement with the Seller and provide a current, valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) to hold the auction lot at the time of sale and will be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Sale and any additional terms as outlined on the Auction Lot Sale Agreement. The Producing Winery retains sole discretion as to when the wine will be bottled and delivered to the purchaser. The purchaser acquires only the right to take possession of the wine when notified and has no right of inspection pending notification. All successful bid prices will be considered to be FOB Walla Walla Valley, Washington. The right to take possession shall not be assigned or otherwise transferred without first obtaining the written permission of the Producing Winery.
6. All wines sold herein are subject to the RCW.66 Alcohol Beverage Control Laws and Regulations as overseen by the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board and Federal Alcohol Administration Act and are offered and sold subject to those laws. Any offer or sale shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Washington.
7. Bids will be made on the purchase price for the total lot.
8. The starting bid for each lot will be at the discretion of the Auctioneer.
9. Auctioneer shall have the right to reject any bid at any time prior to the fall of the hammer. Bids will be accepted only from registered bidders. This includes commission and absentee bids.
10. Should a dispute arise between bidders, or should the Auctioneer doubt the validity of any bid, the Auctioneer shall have the absolute right to resolve the dispute, re-offer, re-sell or withdraw the lot in question.
11. No bid shall be valid unless acknowledged by the Auctioneer. At the fall of the hammer, the highest acknowledged bidder shall be deemed to have purchased the lot and thereupon assumes full risk and responsibility thereof. Purchaser warrants that he/she will pay the full purchase price no later than May 31, 2019. Seller's sole responsibility for non-delivery shall be limited to refund of the purchase price.
12. Bidding in person at the Auction will be by numbered paddle issued to registered bidders only. To register, please contact the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance at 509-526-3117 or visit www.revealwallawalla.com.
13. Terms and conditions set forth herein shall only be modified by an authorized representative of the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance by general announcement at the Auction.
14. This Agreement and auction shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington and all parties concerned submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Washington with venue in Walla Walla County. The substantially prevailing party shall be entitled to his, her, or its attorney's fees and costs.
Absentee bidding is available for registered bidders who are unable to attend the auction. Such bidders must be registered with the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance at 509-526-3117 or email@example.com 20 days prior to the day of the auction. Credit card information will be required at the time of registration along with proof of an alcohol resale permit if necessary. Bids, which are submitted to the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance prior to the Auction for execution at or below a specified price, are entertained and executed by the Auctioneer for the convenience of bidders. The Auctioneer and the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance shall not be responsible for failing to execute such bids or for errors relating to the execution of such bids. In the event absentee bids have been placed on a particular lot for identical amounts and at Auction those bids are the highest bids for that lot, the lot shall be awarded to the person whose bid for that amount was received first.
Payment for all purchases must be made in United States dollars by check, MasterCard, Visa or American Express upon receipt of invoice. Washington licensed bidders shall pay for wine COD. Washington State sales tax will be added unless the bidder presents a valid Washington State resale permit to Seller or states his or her intention to arrange for interstate shipment of the wines. If for any reason out-of-state shipment cannot be arranged to the satisfaction of the Seller, Washington State sales tax will be assessed prior to delivery in Washington. Payments will be accepted the day of the sale. Invoices not paid in full by May 31, 2019 will accrue a finance charge of 1.5% per month (18% per annum) on any unpaid balances until paid in full. Buyer agrees to pay all reasonable attorney’s fees and costs associated with the collection of past due amounts. No lot will be released without proof of payment in full.
Purchaser agrees to take delivery of the wines within sixty (60) days of notification, provided payment for the lot has been received in full by the Seller. Shipping expenses and insurance are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
All lots are sold FOB Walla Walla Valley, Washington, by the Seller. Wines will be bottled in specially labeled bottles. All wine lots will be bottled in 750 ml bottles or 1.5 L bottles. Purchaser agrees to take delivery of the wines within sixty (60) days of notification, provided payment for the lot has been received in full by the Seller as required by these terms and conditions. Shipping expenses and insurance are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Any shipment of the wines out of state is the responsibility of the purchaser who is solely responsible for compliance with the laws and regulations of said state. Purchaser shall coordinate with Seller and winery to insure compliance and the legal transfer of wine to Purchaser’s state receiving the shipment. The Seller’s sole responsibility for failure to tender delivery in Washington shall be limited to a refund of the purchase price. Bidders agree that the sale and delivery of Reveal Walla Walla Valley wines shall not affect the rights of the Producing Winery to sell their own wines direct to consumer or to any distributor of their choosing in bidder’s state, or the right of future Reveal Walla Walla Valley wines to any purchaser in said state, and bidder agrees to take whatever steps are necessary to accomplish that, including but not limited to the relinquishment of any rights which purchaser may have under state law.
Reveal Walla Walla Valley is a publicized event through many forms of media. As a condition of and in consideration for participation in Reveal Walla Walla Valley, participant releases the Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance and participating wineries any liability connected with the reproduction, adaptation, display, publication and distribution in any and all media, whether now known or yet to be developed, of any videos, photographs or other images taken of the participant at the auction, participant’s name, voice, likeness, city of residence and any other information regarding her/his participation in Reveal Walla Walla Valley.