- Summit View Vineyard lays at the south end of the Walla Walla Valley oriented toward the NE at an elevation of 1250 ft. The wines from the K1 block have tremendous structure, with intensity of fruit and potential for longterm aging. Vintage 2016 was moderately warm with ideal conditions at harvest for ripening and flavor maturation.
Lot No. 2 - Collaboration: Solemn Cellars & Eternal Wines
2016 The Prospector Syrah Varietal: 100% Syrah Vineyard: 50% Morrison Lane, 50% Pheasant Run Release date: Spring 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Justin Basel & Brad Binko
- The Prospector Syrah is compiled from some of the oldest vine Syrah in the Walla Walla Valley. These vines are situated in two separate micro climates. Pheasant Run sits on the south side next to the Oregon and Washington border. This established vineyard is perched on top of a loess loam bluff that drains the cold inversion air down to the Walla Walla River. This site produces big fruit forward Syrah’s that exhibit a soft and balanced mouthfeel. Morrison Lane Vineyard planted in 1994 was the first Syrah planted in the Walla Walla Valley. This site sits just north of Pheasant Run and is located on the flats of the valley floor. This vineyard is known for its consistency and its balance between earth and fruit. Combined equal parts from both vineyards The prospector Syrah takes the best of both sites and exhibits big fruit, balanced earth notes with a hint of spice.
- Small lot fermentation.
Lot No. 3 - Dunham Cellars
2016 Grenache Varietal: 90% Grenache, 10% Syrah Vineyard: Kenny Hill Estate Vineyard Release date: 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Tyler Tennyson & Robert Campisi
- Aged in neutral French barrels for light oak influence, allowing wine to retain fruit forward varietal characteristics.
- Notes of red berries and plums with hints of licorice & spice.
- American styled Grenache that is fruit forward with a crisp acidity"
Lot No. 4 - Cadaretta
2016 Southwind Red Blend Varietal: 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot Vineyard: Southwind Estate Vineyard Release date: Fall 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Peter Devison
- Combining 3 of the 5 Bordeaux varieties, this wine highlights the minerality and poise of Southwind Vineyard.
- Planted high above the Walla Walla Valley, this ancient soil composed of fractured basalt allows the fruit to ripen late into the season, whilst retaining natural acidity and beautifully shaped old-world type tannins.
Lot No. 5 - Cayuse Vineyards
2016 Revealation Syrah Varietal: 100% Syrah Vineyard: Estate Vineyards Release date: Spring 2018 Lot size: 30 1.5L Vigneron: Christophe Baron
- Christophe Baron, Vigneron of Cayuse Vineyards envisioned something extraordinary that could be created by blending Syrah from several of his renowned estate vineyards. After all, blending is a common practice used by his family for centuries in his home region of Champagne. This one-of-a-kind wine created just for Reveal, allows him to reach back to his roots—in magnum.
Lot No. 6 - Trust Cellars
2016 Syrah Varietal: 100% Syrah Vineyard: Davidson Vineyard & Les Collines Vineyard Release date: Spring 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Steve Brooks
- This Syrah is made from two distinct vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley. Davidson lies on the valley floor. The very cool nights preserve the bright acidity. Les Collines Block 50 makes up 1/3 of the blend. At 1,300 feet in elevation the tiny berries of the block trained to Australian sprawl are intense with flavor. Both blocks show a meaty gaminess that Walla Walla Syrah has become known for.
Lot No. 7 - Walla Walla Vintners
2016 Cut Bank Estate Syrah Varietal: 100% Syrah Vineyard: Cut Bank Estate Vineyard Release date: Spring 2019 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: William vonMetzger
- Sourced exclusively from our dry-farmed estate vineyard, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Mountains, where cooler temperatures and high diurnal variances promote slow and steady sugar accumulation and natural acid retention. This syrah stays true to its roots, offering pure varietal character while demonstrating the elegance of this unique terroir.
Lot No. 8 - Pepper Bridge Winery
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon Vineyard: Seven Hills, Octave, Yellow Jacket Release date: Spring 2019 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Jean-François Pellet
- This 100% Cabernet Sauvignon captures the true essence of what the Walla Walla Valley has to offer. Dark fruit, earthy tones, and minerality coupled with Jean-François Pellet’s Old-World winemaking style, creating a harmonious, balanced wine with tremendous depth.
Lot No. 9 - Sleight of Hand Cellars
2016 Sleight of Hand Cellars “Psychedelic” Syrah Single Puncheon Varietal: 100% Syrah Vineyard: Stoney Vine Release date: Spring 2018 Lot size: 30 1.5L Winemaker: Trey Busch, Jerry Solomon, Keith Johnson
- This single vineyard Syrah, from the infamous Stoney Vine Vineyard in the Rocks District here in Walla Walla, is the result of meticulous farming and winemaking from the team at Sleight of Hand. The first 3 vintages of this wine (2013-2015) all scored 94-95 points in The Wine Advocate, and the 2016 may be the best to date. We hand bottled 5 cases of magnums from our favorite new French oak puncheon, and are offering those magnums for Reveal for the first time. This wine is full of the savory qualities that make the Rocks District famous. Roasted meats, olive, brine, fresh herbs, earth minerals and dark plums lead to a plush, silky texture, followed with an intensely long finish. These wines show their best in the 7-10 year range, but it is undeniably delicious now.
Lot No. 10 - Basel Cellars
2016 Double River Estate Vineyard Syrah Varietal: 100% Syrah Vineyard: Double River Estate Vineyard Release date: Summer 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Dirk Brink
- Planted in a East-West orientation, a little "out of line", and produces some of the most intense fruit from the Estate.
- Trained in a Geneva Double Curtain trellis system, dividing a dense canopy in two, allowing more sunlight in the fruit zone.
- A blend of the best barrels from block 8, aged in small French oak barrels for 16 months.
Lot No. 11 - L'Ecole N° 41
2016 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon - Merlot Varietal: 50% Cabernet Sauvigon, 50% Merlot Vineyard: Estate Ferguson Vineyard Release date: April 2019 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Marty Clubb & Mike Sharon
- L’Ecole is the exclusive owner of Ferguson Vineyard, located at 1,450 feet on a north-facing ridge above Seven Hills Vineyard, and one of the highest elevation vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley. With 30 acres planted, vines grow in a thin layer of wind-blown loess overlying hard fractured basalt from 15-million-year-old lava flows.
- The wine was cleanly racked to 100% small French oak barrels, 50% new, and will have four rackings over 22 months.
- Full bodied, beautifully concentrated and structured, this wine delivers dark fruit, expresso, and spice-box aromas and flavors which are buoyed by this site’s balanced, natural acidity and basalt minerality. An elegant, refreshing finish persists with depth and complexity. Enjoy these bottles over the next 20-25 years.
Lot No. 12 - DAMA Wines
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Blend Varietal: 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot Vineyard: Heather Hill & Seven Hills Vineyards Release date: Winter 2018-2019 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Mary Derby and consultant Joel Waite
- 100% Walla Walla Vineyards of the Heather Hill and Seven Hills. DAMA has created a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot that truly represents the purity of Walla Walla fruit and the added elegant touch of DAMA winemaking style.
- DAMA has created a blend that is a rich and full body with the aromas of sage and black tea, followed by a hint of mint. Luscious notes of blackberry and olive carry on through the long finish.
- DAMA Wines, is one of Washington State's only woman-owned wineries, embodies the spirit of pioneering women who inspired passion, creativity and positive change for centuries.
- Octave vineyard is located on the very south edge of the Walla Walla AVA, one ridge over from Seven Hills.
- The site sits around 1,400 feet elevation and being at the top of a ridge has constant wind flow that helps to thicken skins and enhance tannin structure. The reveal bottling will be all from block 7 at Octave which is all clone 6.
- Octave vineyard is a pivotal site for the Gramercy lineup being part of our Reserve Cabernet in several vintages as well as a key component to our Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
Lot No. 14 - Corliss Estate
2016 Cabernet Franc Varietal: 100% Cabernet Franc Vineyard: Blue Mountain Estate Vineyard Release date: Fall 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Andrew Trio
- Originally planted in 2001, our Blue Mountain Estate Vineyard lies between 1145 and 1265 feet elevation in the foothills of the Blue Mountains in the Walla Walla Valley.
- This unique parcel is a blend of two of our most exceptional blocks of Clone 1 Cabernet Franc
- These lots underwent fermentation by native yeast in concrete and French oak, with an extended time on skins followed by an extended maturation in barrel.
Lot No. 15 - Abeja
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Varietal: 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc Vineyard: Heather Hill & Mill Creek Vineyards Release date: Fall 2019 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Daniel Wampfler
- This is a unique one of a kind red blend from two of our estate plantings, Heather Hill and Mill Creek Vineyard. Heather Hill is located on the south side of the Walla Walla Valley AVA and Mill Creek Vineyard surrounds our winery, nestled near the Blue Mountains on the East side of the Walla Walla AVA. The blend is made up of 75% Heather Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Mill Creek Merlot and 5% Heather Hill Cabernet Franc.
Lot No. 16 - Tamarack Cellars
2016 2016 Cabernet Franc Varietal: 100% Cabernet Franc Vineyard: Seven Hills Vineyard Release date: Spring 2019 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Ron Coleman and Danny Gordon
- Tamarack has been producing a 100% varietal Cabernet Franc since 2003. It is a core varietal in our program and undoubtedly one of our specialties, with a strong following in our wine club and wholesale markets across the country. The is the first opportunity we have had to produce a single-vineyard Cabernet Franc from the Walla Walla Valley and we are proud to offer this "once in the history of Tamarack" lot for this year's Reveal auction.
Lot No. 17 - Otis Kenyon
2016 Merlot Varietal: 100% Merlot Vineyard: Seven Hills Vineyard Release date: Fall 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Dave Stephenson
- Pulled from our favorite barrel from our favorite vineyard, this 100% Walla Walla Valley Merlot is filled with plum, violet and tobacco. The soft acidity & tannins lead to a velvety mouthfeel and a long finish.
Lot No. 18 - Collaboration: College Cellars of Walla Walla & Loess Vineyard
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon Vineyard: Loess Vineyard Release date: Summer 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Annie Martz, Devyani Gupta, Sam Boyle - With project oversight from Chris Figgins, Jason Magnaghi, and Tim Donahue
- Collaborative lot between and Icon of Washington Wine, Leonetti Cellar and the next generation of winemakers.
- This wine had incredible attention to detail and allowed the students to work with cutting edge optical sorting technology, custom toasted and forest selected French oak barrels which were built specifically to integrate perfectly with Loess Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, and phenolic (tannin) management that is on the cutting edge of high end winemaking.
- This wine illustrates the camaraderie of the Walla Walla wine industry, where Leonetti Cellar is providing an opportunity for students to work with extraordinarily high quality fruit in order to have a ""hands on"" understanding of how to make some of the best wines in the world.
Lot No. 19 - Reininger Winery
2016 XL Vineyard Cabernet Franc Varietal: 100% Cabernet Franc Vineyard: XL Vineyard Release date: Winter 2018-2019 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Chuck Reininger
- As the tenth bonded winery in Walla Walla, REININGER has helped grow the Valley and establish it as a serious winemaking region.Founded in 1997, REININGER Winery became Walla Walla’s first winery dedicated solely to the Valley’s fruit.
- This 100% Cabernet Franc is sourced from Walla Walla Valley's XL Vineyard. Nestled under the Blue Mountains, XL Vineyard has some of the highest planted grapes in the Valley. Each block is also individually irrigated to cater to the specific grapes’ needs.
- The wine was punched down three times a day and aged in 100% American oak (40% new).
LOT NO. 20 - Dusted Valley
2016 Southwind Vineyard Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Varietal: 96% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Petit Verdot, 1% Malbec Vineyard: Southwind Vineyard Release date: Fall 2019 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Chad Johnson, Corey Braunel and Griffin Frey
- The Dusted Valley family is honored to share this extraordinary estate wine via Reveal. The 2016 is our inaugural release of a vineyard designate wine from Southwind Vineyard. Sitting at an elevation of 1,100-1,441 feet just west of Milton-Freewater, Oregon, the diversity in elevation, aspect and soil profiles make it an extremely special place to grow grapes. Clones 33 and 412 Cabernet Sauvignon(96%) were co-fermented and dominate this blend. The final blend is crafted with clone 1058 Petit Verdot(3%), co-fermented clones 4 and 9 Malbec(1%) and aged in 66% new French Oak.
Lot No. 21 - Lagana Valley
2016 Syrah Varietal: 100% Syrah Vineyard: Minnick Hills and Patina Vineyards Release date: Fall 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Jason Fox
- With 50% Minnick Hills Vineyard and 50% Patina Vineyard, this Syrah expresses two of Walla Walla's distinctive terroirs: Palouse loess and Valley floor. Minnick Hills brings the minerality, bright acidity, and blue fruits with a touch of stem tannin reminiscent of the Old World. Patina brings darker fruits, heavier viscosity, and boldness of New World styles. 20% new American oak.
Lot No. 22 - Gifford Hirlinger
2016 Merlot Varietal: 100% Merlot Vineyard: Gifford Hirlinger Estate Release date: Spring 2019 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Mike Berghan
- Gifford Hirlinger is a small, family-owned winery producing 100% estate-grown wines from our sustainably farmed vineyards located in the heart of the Walla Walla Valley. This lot is comprised of 100% Merlot from the reserve block of our Estate Vineyards. It will be aged approximately two years in 50% new French oak Barrels.
Lot No. 23 - Amavi Cellars
2016 Red Blend Varietal: 54% Malbec, 46% Cabernet Franc Vineyard: Octave, Summit View, Pepper Bridge Release date: Fall 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Jean-François Pellet
- This energetic blend of Malbec and Cabernet Franc is beautifully structured. Malbec is front and center, showing off it’s dark yet bold richness and expressive fruit married with Cabernet Franc to compliment high tones and soft velvety tannins.
Lot No. 24 - Adamant
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon Vineyard: Dwelley Vineyard Release date: Spring 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Devin and Debra Stinger
- Crafting small-lots of sensory saturated Walla Walla Valley wines. With an annual case production of 1000, rarely is there an opportunity to obtain these wines outside our tasting room.
- Offered to the highest bidder for allocation to your tailored audience.
- Expressive with an emphasis on dark fruit layers and a long finish that is quintessential of our winemaking style.
Lot No. 25 - Tranche Estate
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon Vineyard: Blue Mountain Estate Vineyard Release date: Fall 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Andrew Trio
- Originally planted in 2001, our Blue Mountain Estate Vineyard lies between 1145 and 1265 feet elevation in the foothills of the Blue Mountains in the Walla Walla Valley. This special bottling is a unique selection of our most outstanding components of 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon, which go into making Tranche’s flagship Estate wine.
- An old-world styled wine from a high elevation site planted on a fractured basalt ridge. Large tannin structures paired with natural acidity makes beautiful Cabernet Sauvignon that is greatly balanced but built to age.
Lot No. 27 - Five Star Cellars
2016 Cabernet Franc/Merlot Varietal: 75% Cabernet Franc, 25% Merlot Vineyard: 75% Seven Hills and 25% Les Collines Vineyards Release date: Winter 2018 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Matt Huse and Cameron Rushton
- Spicy aromas of white pepper and clove are accented by a ruby red color. Hints of dried fruit are followed by bright acid. The peppery Cabernet Franc hits hard up front with a refreshing mouthfeel and a big, lingering finish.
Lot No. 28 - Leonetti Cellar
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Varietal: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon Vineyard: Mill Creek Upland Block 7 Release date: January 2019 Lot size: 60 Bottles Winemaker: Chris Figgins
- Our Mill Creek Upland Vineyard was the first vineyard planted in the now coveted Mill Creek area. It is known for its dense and powerful Cabernet’s that have phenomenal aging ability. Block 7 often forms the core of the Leonetti Reserve, including the legendary 2010, which is the only Walla Walla Cabernet Sauvignon to ever be awarded 100 points from Wine Advocate.